Saturday 2 October 2010

In the name of Freedom of expression

Hossein Derakhshan was sentenced after being convicted of several offences, including spreading propaganda against the ruling establishment and insulting Islamic thoughts and religious figures. The 35-year-old was also convicted of promoting counter-revolutionary groups and working with "enemy states," because he visited Israel five years ago.

There is no place for a journalist in jail. I highly advocate for civil liberties, thus I stand for Hossein Derakhashan and every guardian of the freedom of press in the entire world, who've been punished or assassinated for simply exercising one's inherent right to freedom of expression.


“I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write.” - Voltaire


SIGN THE PETITION FOR HOSSEIN'S IMMEDIATE RELEASE
http://www.freetheblogfather.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment